Thursday, April 24, 2008

"People are cooler close up"

People are cooler close up.

Funny phrase. Let me unpack that. It reflects something I've been thinking about recently.

We live in a culture marinated with insecurity. We are taught to compare ourselves to what the world deems "ideal". Guys and girls alike. As a result of this I watch people walk around, hoping that no one will notice the flaws that they see in themselves...hoping people won't look too close.

This comes to my point. Everyone has something that makes them unique and amazing. Every one of us is handcrafted for a purpose. We are "beautifully and wonderfully made" art, treasured, valued and cherished. If we chose to overlook that, I think our view of God is too small.

If you go through life looking at people closer, past the outside appearance, past popularity, past status etc, I think you will find that people are cooler close up.

So here ya go guys, next time you meet someone, take the time to see what makes them unique. Look a little closer. Find out how to love them. It is worth it.

No comments: