Saturday, March 5, 2011

You Are Not a Photographer

March 06, 2011
Mary Anne: “The only part of this picture that says “Senior” to me is the text. The rest of it reads middle-aged guy on vacation.”  Ginger: “I can appreciate the from the back shot if it’s done right, THIS is not  one of those times.  As a SENIOR picture this has disaster written all  over it. You would definitely have to have your name embossed on the  wallets you passed out to friends and family or nobody would have a clue  who you were. This shot might have been saveable if maybe we could have  at least seen his profile!”

Mary Anne: “The only part of this picture that says “Senior” to me is the text. The rest of it reads middle-aged guy on vacation.”

Ginger: “I can appreciate the from the back shot if it’s done right, THIS is not one of those times.  As a SENIOR picture this has disaster written all over it. You would definitely have to have your name embossed on the wallets you passed out to friends and family or nobody would have a clue who you were. This shot might have been saveable if maybe we could have at least seen his profile!”


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 05, 2011

Comment Fail

As a “pro,” she kinda asked for it. From an observant reader. 

Mistie May…commenter, or your next post?

In browsing the comments, I noticed Mistie McDonald has a LOT to say about other photographers…but when she commented that the angel wings/ultrasound shot could be “done right” I raised an eyebrow.  I present to you her facebook page (linked by way of her comments).  You’re welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/mistiemaystudios

Remember the ultrasound-superimposed-on-a-woman-with-angel-wings-belly picture? It should never “be done.”



Share/Bookmark

Comment Fail

March 04, 2011
Excuse the lack of snark (or maybe you’re welcome for the lack of snark), was just sent this and had to share.

Excuse the lack of snark (or maybe you’re welcome for the lack of snark), was just sent this and had to share.


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 04, 2011

From our comments: “When it comes to wedding photos, nobody can beat the Russians.” This is so bad that it’s pretty much awesome at the same time. 


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 04, 2011
Ginger: “If you can’t tell that it’s a belly bump YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!! I’m fairly certain that if I were pregnant I could take better belly bump pictures of myself in my bathroom with my eyes closed.”  Mary Anne: “I agree with Ginger, the classic self-portrait in front of the bathroom mirror baby bump pictures are better than these. Horrible unflattering angles. That poor momma-to-be must want to burn these.”

Ginger: “If you can’t tell that it’s a belly bump YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!! I’m fairly certain that if I were pregnant I could take better belly bump pictures of myself in my bathroom with my eyes closed.”

Mary Anne: “I agree with Ginger, the classic self-portrait in front of the bathroom mirror baby bump pictures are better than these. Horrible unflattering angles. That poor momma-to-be must want to burn these.”


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 03, 2011

Hate Mail

“Ok, well what’s going so wrong in your life that YOU have nothing better to do than troll the internet picking at what other people choose to do with their days? If you don’t like it, and you want them to feel bad that they’re making fun of people, DON’T FREAKIN’ LOOK! Go somewhere else, there ARE other sites to fill your days. You’re wasting everybodies time.”

Everybodies is not a word. It’s bothering me so I’ve decided to officially kick off our hate mail section. Perhaps a list of commonly misspelled hate mail words is in order?

Also, can we talk for a minute about the grammar some “professionals” use on photo business fan pages?

Tags: Hate Mail


Share/Bookmark

Hate Mail

March 03, 2011
If you advertise photography services, a photo might be nice. I guess if you’re only charging a $15 sitting fee, you can’t afford to take the time to upload a photo.     // ]]]]>]]>

If you advertise photography services, a photo might be nice. I guess if you’re only charging a $15 sitting fee, you can’t afford to take the time to upload a photo. 


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 02, 2011

“All it takes is a digital camera some editing software and a shop light from Home Depot and You are a Professional Photographer too!”


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 02, 2011
Ginger: “Just because you CAN do things in Photoshop doesn’t mean that you SHOULD. I personally find this photo a little disturbing and am really not okay with the angel wings. I thought that storks delivered babies, I wasn’t aware that angels were now delivering the babies.”  Mary Anne: “I get it. She’s pregnant with Skeletor and has a transparent stomach. So obvious.” 

Ginger: “Just because you CAN do things in Photoshop doesn’t mean that you SHOULD. I personally find this photo a little disturbing and am really not okay with the angel wings. I thought that storks delivered babies, I wasn’t aware that angels were now delivering the babies.”

Mary Anne: “I get it. She’s pregnant with Skeletor and has a transparent stomach. So obvious.” 


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

March 02, 2011
Ginger and I have been rolling on the floor laughing since we opened our email to this. If you use PRO in all caps in the same breath as saying your client picks up her own pictures at Wal-Mart AND manage to misspell copyright, you might want to rethink your photography career.     ]]>

Ginger and I have been rolling on the floor laughing since we opened our email to this. If you use PRO in all caps in the same breath as saying your client picks up her own pictures at Wal-Mart AND manage to misspell copyright, you might want to rethink your photography career. 


Share/Bookmark

You Are Not a Photographer

No comments: